Monday, February 27, 2012

My first upholstery project

Our house has a bay window seat, it had a gross cushion on it that I've just left, as hunting for the perfect fabric takes time!

Last week I finally managed to find that perfect fabric! yay!

We've recently redecorated the main parts of our home, including the lounge - where said window seat is, so it was looking rather sad compared to the rest of the redecorated lounge.

SO, on Saturday afternoon I took the old cover off the cushion, (and I then realised how dirty, faded and perished it was!), I unpicked the 3.3m long zip off it, to save some money I thought I'd re-use it. I then cut up the old cushion cover to make a pattern for the new one.
I managed to get the whole thing completed on Saturday afternoon, and worked out that I sewed 31 metres!

I'm really stoked with how it turned out.
a close up, showing the beige fleck in the fabric and the fleck in the curtains


And I even had enough fabric left to reupholster our old foot stool, which took all of about 10 minutes:

No comments: