Thursday, May 24, 2012

Learning to Crochet!

I've wanted to learn to crochet for a while, so I bought a book which came with a selection of crochet hooks and other things, and I bought some wool.
I attempted to start, but the book was very confusing, so I didn't get very far!
Thankfully, I have a friend who is an amazing crochet-er (is that even a word?!), who got me started on the right track.

I wanted to make a simple project to begin with, and as I get sore ears when I walk the dogs in the cold, I thought I'd make a warm headband/ear warmer.
it looked a bit plain, so I found an video on YouTube which showed me how to make the flower.

Here's the finished project.  The colour isn't very accurate, it is a lovely deep purple colour, and no, it isn't wonky, it's just the way I overlapped it when I took the photo


No comments: