Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My First Quilt

One of my best friends recently had a baby (well, 1.5 weeks ago!), so when I found out she was pregnant, I took it upon myself to make a quilt for their baby. They didn't know if they were having a boy or a girl, so stuck to bright, neutral colours. I found a really cool picture of a quilt online that I decided I wanted to copy:


Me, being the completely new, naiive quilter I am/was, thought "sure, I can do it", and didn't think otherwise, I didn't even have a walking foot, somehow, I managed to create a beautiful quilt!!!
I had a few left over patches (I made extra, just in case), so made a bumper pad too.

Here is the quilt:
From quilts


Close up of the patches:
From quilts


Showing the leopard print minky backing:
From quilts



(having trouble uploading pics to blogger again, so have had to link them!)

No comments: